If your company requires PAT Testing in Lancaster or surrounding areas, please feel free to call us on 07703269342 or fill out the contact form below if you would like a chat or a visit to discuss your PAT testing requirements.
- Our engineer will make them self known to the person responsible for Health & Safety at the testing premises.
- The engineer will liaise with this person with regard to the schedule of testing on the premises.
- We will always ask when it is appropriate for shutdown of equipment.
- Any appliances that fail the PAT test will be made known.
2) Guidelines for Testing :
- Testing will be carried out under the IEE’s Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing.
3) Visual Inspection :
- Flex (cable) – this is inspected for any damage, ensuring it is free from cuts, fraying, splits or stress.
- Plug – the plug will be opened to ensure that the flexible cable is secure in its anchorage and is correctly wired.
- The fuse will be checked to the correct rating for the appliance and it is free from any sign of overheating and in physically good condition.
- The Appliance will be inspected to ensure that it is in good working order, including ensuring that it switches on and off properly and the casing or cabinet has no damage that could result in access to live parts.
4) Testing :
- Polarity Test (only carried out on extension cables and supply leads)
- Earth Continuity Test (only carried out on Class I appliances)
- Insulation Resistance Test
- Operational Test
- Earth Leakage Test
- Tests on IT equipment are “soft tests” of 200mA on earth continuity.
5) Labeling :
- All our Pat Testing Label`s include the following :
- Appliance ID Test
- Test Date
- Retest Date
- Pass labels are GREEN or BLUE in colour.
- Fail labels are RED with DO NOT USE Failed Safety Test printed on them and a short reason on why the appliance has failed
6) Documentation :
- Our computerized print outs include the following :
- Asset ID.
- Make, model, serial number of each appliance tested Asset List Example.
- Test results PAT Test Result Example.
- Separate pass and fail reports.
- We aim to provide these within 2 working days of the completion of testing.
- Display Certificate – A Certificate for display in the staff room, notice board or reception to advise that the appliances on the premises have been tested for electrical safety.
- Any documentation will only be provided after full payment has been made.