This is always the first question we ever get asked.
No idea of the amount of items, your location, the work environment, whether the items are accessible,
Many factors need to be taken into account before we answer this:When quoting for PAT testing various factors need to be taken into consideration:
- Your location
- The category of your site (e.g. construction, school, office, factory, etc.)
- The number of appliances to test
- How many engineers are needed to carry out the work
- Whether time consuming site inductions are required
- Various other factors
To put the cost of PAT testing into perspective, please view the following scenario:
- Your work place has 20 items (1 hours work for a single engineer)
- Travel 45 minutes each way (1 hour, 30 minutes)
- 30 minute induction
- Certificate and paperwork (30 minutes)
This would give a total of 3 hours, 30 minutes and a travel cost of £10.00 (not including PAT testing labels and other expenses).
If this was simply price per item and we said £1.00 per item hour hourly rate of around £2.80.
This is all taken into account when giving calculating the PAT testing cost.
This is why we have a minimum charge, It wouldn’t matter if you simply had 1 item or up to 15 items within a certain radius we would charge a minimum of £60.00.